Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ironic

As I was leaving my last class today, I suddenly fell ill. Sounds dramatic, but I'm talking suddenly breaking out in a cold sweat ill. I felt as though my lunch was going to come up. I hadn't even had lunch yet, but it was still coming!

I found the closest rest room, and set up camp for about a half hour. The amazingly clean floor of the bathrooms at UVU welcomed me with open arms. After I spent some good quality time at camp switch-ends-depending-upon-which-end-I-think-needs-it-more, I decided that I felt well enough to take the voyage to the bus stop. I got on the bus that was sitting there, not even bothering to pay attention to where the bus was going. I knew it had to be going south, and that was all that mattered. 

The first few second on the bus, I was happy as a claim. Well, more like I felt like I had eaten rotten claims, but I was somewhat upright, so life was good. Then, about half way through the bus route, it hit me. You know, the mouth-watering before the food decides it doesn't like it's new home called stomach. My nearly incoherent head somehow remembered that there was paper bags at the front of the bus for this very occasion an purpose. That wonderful head of mine then commanded my legs to drag my torso and the rest of what constitutes me to the front of the bus. I came back to my seat successfully! I sat down and proceeded to dry heave for a good five minutes. Good think I hadn't eaten lunch yet. 

Then, a girl behind me asked if I was ok, and distracted me for a second. It was really sweet of her.

While being distracted, over the intercom I heard the bus driver say that we were at BYU. Eureka! I knew for a fact that BYU had bathrooms, and clean ones at that. 

I also knew that all buses lead to BYU, so my stomach and I silently rejoiced together.

That brilliant head of mine then instructed the drunken sailors called my legs to strut all drunken-like to the bathroom. I set up camp by the toilet for a good 15 minutes. After that, I stumbled to the mother's lounge and plopped myself down on that couch that has the texture of cardboard covered in fabric. Then I slept for an hour and a half while waiting for Annie to get out of class and accompany the drunken sailors home.

I woke up feeling like normal! Those drunken sailors did not stay for very long, thank the drunken sailor heavens. 

I came home and did homework and still feel fine. 

Bodies are weird. I hope my body got the entirety of what ever it was not fond of out!

No comments:

Post a Comment