Monday, January 30, 2012

Ants

Sitting the the library can cause acceleration or deceleration with school work. It never stays the same. Today is deceleration. Well, at least for the last half hour.

Today, I decided to explore what is the other floors of the library. The other floors of the library are magical. I found a big, comfy chair with an ottoman on a newly discovered floor. The big, comfy chair overlooks the biggest parking lot on campus, along with the busy freeway, Utah Lake, and snow capped mountains.

While sitting and looking upon the cars and people rushing to and fro, I can't help but make a comparison with an ant hill. Everyone seems to know the uniformity of walking where told to walk, and stopping when an all powerful car is about to cross their path. The freeway doesn't help the humanistic cause, either.

I always think of the same thing when ascending in an airplane. The people, who turn into specks, have the same ant-like qualities.

Then, it hits me. I realize that all of the specks have brains, feelings, wants, desires, goals, agendas, and plans. Every speck is different. Every speck is cared for. Every speck has a life such as I do.

Every speck matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment